Have you ever faced these kind of situation in your lives?
- You read a good article and want to take note of it.
- You draft an idea for project/homework/work and need to re-edit a lot.
- You are planning for traveling/working/to do.
- You wish to store all your relevant documents in the same place for easy comparing.
- Just have a thought and need to record your thoughts (handwriting, audio, or video).
I used to save my files in word documents, but the file management is so hard. I can’t find the material I want in a short period of time once the number of my file exceed a certain amount.
I also tried to send good articles to my gmail since it’s easy to search and the volume of gmail seems big enough. However, it’s hard to edit a saved file since I need to reply and send it to myself again.
Finally, I found Evernote! Evernote is a user-friendly program to save your notes in one place. I created notebooks like “Programming learning,” “Good quotes,” “Become a better software engineer,” “Travel,” “Investment,” etc. Inside each notebook, I can create new notes and edit my old notes without searching here and there. Even greater, using “Evernote Clearly”, I can save good articles I read online. The mobile version also allows me to record photo/audio to my note.